Thursday, January 6, 2011

All My Best Thoughts Happen at 2 AM

Ok well, that might not be entirely true.

Midnight is pretty good thinking time too.

Ha no but really...I promise I DO have something to say.

I'M PUBLISHED GUYS!!!

Ok other than that, how about life changes yeah? That seems like a good topic to hit on for tonight.

Let's just say, there are so many EPIC AWESOME RANDOM CRAZY SCARY HAPPY SAD STUPID and BRILLIANT choices that have presented themselves in the last month or so, that I've been forced to cling to my Bible and garish pink highlighter for dear life.

But I'm not complaining about that. I recently told someone something that I realized the other day...when we are smacked in the face with struggles, it only pushes us closer to our Savior and His love.

Sweet! When life sucks I'm gonna be grateful!
(I think Paul mentioned something like that somewhere in the Bible. I think I paraphrased...a lot.)

My own choices may have included:

School
Friendships
A Boy
the Future
Careers
Missions
Kittens in Party Hats
Responsibilities
My Own Outlook

And gosh darn it the choices just keep coming...

I can tell you right now it was because of one day about a month ago.

One.
Singular.
Day.

When I went to God and said, "Hey there God. My life feels uncomfortable because I'm trying to control it. You wanna, y'know, take the reigns? That'd be great. Thanks."

BAM.

Well I asked for it...
God even told us if we ask Him for stuff He's gonna give it.

So I've had a TON of blessings suddenly laid at my feet,
and I screwed up.
And then there were MORE blessings that I couldn't believe,
and I screwed up again (dang).
Right now I'm soaking in blessings again, and praying to God that I don't screw it up (which I will, and I've just gotta accept it)!

But I've got my little leather-bound book of Scripture here. I bought it a few weeks ago and we've been inseparable. Scripture is really what does it guys...what keeps you solid.
Scripture, strong Christian friends, and a positive outlook.

So I'm gonna embrace these choices head-on, and see where life goes from here. Heck, I'll probably meet more choices along the way.

Sheesh.

Without my Lord I would be a wreck.

And I'd probably make the wrong choice about those Kittens in Party Hats.

No comments:

Post a Comment