Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Leave the Scattered Ashes

SO by popular request I'll be posting some of my poetry!

(And by popular, I mean two people asked me)

So here ya go. To make up for my emo post a while ago, I'll post something that's still, well emo. But it shows a lot of how I think.
I enjoy poetry a lot.

I never spend more than ten minutes on any poem.

So ya. Enjoy!


Leave the Scattered Ashes

Leave the scattered ashes.

The fire danced and twisted with light,

Burning and shaping its captured.

Enraptured.

Now, there is nothing left to find.

No spark survives in dust.

A soft wind comes and stirs up the place

Where the fire once had

Danced.

A thing living, without life of its own to speak of.

Now dead, but not gone.

Simply grey petals, fragile.

Don’t reach out to try and hide, or sweep away.

Leave them, just leave them.

A tribute for the unbounded

That was, that once was.

1 comment: