Friday, July 16, 2010

EPIC CaTcHy TITLE

I was famous once.

Well, "famous" and "moderately known" being interchangeable titles.

I was 14 years of age, and I LOVED cartoons. I could quote Fairly OddParents, Spongebob, Jimmy Neutron, and anything else Nick-ity like a pro.

So one day, I went on the Nickelodeon website and found out that they had message boards about each show! SO exciting. (Remember, 14)

And there were these people who wrote "fan-fictions" about each show. Like, writing a story but using the characters/settings etc. from the show itself. You post a chapter every few days so it's like a TV series.

I fancied myself a writer already so I thought "COOOOOL I can do that!"

So I did.

It was titled "Detention of Disaster" and it stayed on the boards for over two years. I'm pretty sure it was in the race for longest running fanfic...even AFTER I ended it.

I went back and read it the other day...

I was definitely 14 when I wrote it.

But despite it's cheesiness, it was actually pretty good. I would link to it if I could, but they changed everything on the Nick site a long time ago and got rid of everything and started over. Maybe I'll copy and paste some later when I find it on my family computer...

But there is a point to this rant! I've kinda been thinking about writing another story like that. Not a fanfic about a cartoon (God save us all) but an actual story. Novel. Epic. Something.

I loved just writing each chapter with no laborious pre-thought, because it's always a lot more natural that way. And you can also make each chapter super intense (something you can't do when you read a whole story at once, since that would be overkill).

So ya!! Now I'm going to ask something of you! Do you have ideas? Suggestions? Anything you have always wanted to read but never have? A cool character name? A cool plotline? A cool anything?

Not saying that I'll do this right away, probably during the school year once I've thought it over and I have more time.

Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment