Monday, February 7, 2011

Ooh! Ooh! Pick me!!

Life is all about questions.

Questions, and compassion.

There are a few things that I very firmly believe, and this is one of them:
Don't be afraid to question.

Having doubts is normal human behavior. Worrying just kind of happens, whether we want it to or not. Now most of those we have to release and give them up to God. We can't bear them on our shoulders, and if we try...it's exhausting.

But having questions means that you're longing to know truth.

I have a few (absolutely wonderful, amazing, bestever) friends right now who are going through a time when nothing seems to make sense, and they have so many questions.

I admire them.

They inspire me to ask my own questions...

Never be afraid to question things. However, when you question, attempt to do it in good faith. Try not to question in anger or with the goal of knocking things down. (I do realize this is unavoidable sometimes. I haven't forgotten I'm human too. If I had, you shouldn't listen to me).

Test to find truth, and you will receive an answer. Whip out those questions--let your curiosity lead you to cool knowledge. Let your brokenness lead you to healing.

I think questioning is one of the neatest abilities we have as humans. It leads to new discoveries, and it is a protection from things that may hurt us.

Why do you think they test water for impurities?
If they just served it up to you a-la-swamp, you would probably get sick.

Questioning avoids blind faith.

Even God pointed out that it's OK to ask questions. (Gasp omgoshnesstheBibleissocool)

"Test me in this," says the LORD Almighty, "and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that there will not be room enough to store it."
Malachi 3:10b

Why would God stop us from questioning Him? Our questions only provide Him an opportunity to show how faithful and limitless He is.

God's not afraid of our questions.

Why should I be?

No comments:

Post a Comment