Monday, February 14, 2011

I'm aware that I'm single today, but that's ok!

Ahh Valentines Day.

I feel like if I didn't blog today, I would be condemned to the anti-climactic halls of monotony.

...I don't know what I just said either.

My English teacher was talking today about love, and it was eerie how much her words echoed the thoughts that have been tumbling around in my little mind.

"Don't run from the fact that you want to be in love and get married...don't think that because you're a Christian you somehow have to run in the opposite direction and think that it's bad to have that longing. Give God the desires of your heart, and then just enjoy every moment of being single."

AMEN sister.

God knows all the intimate desires of my dainty lil heart.

I don't have to deny that I want to fall in love, and it's all right that I want to! But I also don't need to dwell on it, because He's got to have a few more things fall in place first right?

Nonetheless, today was kinda hard, especially when I was struck with all the sweet things guys had done to show their girls that they care. Mmm...ouch. Who gave loneliness that sharp stick?

I want that sweetness...I assume every girl does, but I only know my own heart.
So I still want it.

I have so much to give, But I know I gotsta wait.

I'm excited to see what God does with these desires, and I know it will be cool. But I also know that this time He's given me is cool too.

I vow to enjoy every moment.

Even the bittersweet ones.

Happy Valentines Day everyone. <3
I think you're all wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment