Friday, April 15, 2011

Frennns.

I saw a flash of sunlight in a smile.

Weird right? Nah...

I'll explain. Let's just say that yesterday I had a day where I got to see the best and worst of people.
I made some decisions about who I should be spending my time with, and I was disappointed and infuriated by someone I know other people think is amazing. You wouldn't think he was if you knew what he said...trust me.

Do not spend time with people who bring you down, or speak badly about your friends. They will not help you grow in your faith...love them, but don't spend extended amounts of time with them.

Like that phrase says, "You are who you hang out with." Or something like that.

And then the good ones come along. The friends that have always stuck by you, and the friends God blesses you with at the last moment. The friends who will stay up late talking when you really need it, play card games with you, make you cookies, square dance with you, leave notes on your phone, and let you watch loud movies on their TV.

It's in those friends--the ones that radiate the joy of the Lord--where you truly see that God has blessed you.

I saw a flash of sunlight in a smile.
And then I remembered what kind of friend I want to be.

2 comments:

  1. I just figured out what you should do Sarah... you should make your own Chicken Noodle Soup books. EXCEPT...instead of a compilation of other peoples' short stories and poems...they would all be yours! Genius...i know... :)

    ReplyDelete